– Anglican Bishop Michael Ingham on blessing same-sex unions
– ONE HAND CLAPPING: “From this week’s United Church of the Zeitgeist General Synod” … (mcj.blog)
– FELIX HOMINUM: Ingham, homophobia & the apostles’ fellowship; If bishops are not core doctrine … (joewalker.blog)
– WASHINGTON: Canadian gay marriage vote blow to US Anglicans … (virtueonline)
– JOHN OAKES: Back to Basics … (johnoakes.blog)
– CHRISTIAN TODAY: Mixed Emotions Greet Canadian Anglicans Same-Sex Motion Defeat … (christiantoday)
Epitaph, Anglican Church of Canada,
died slow and messily, 2007:
“Bishop Fred Hiltz, the national church’s newly elected primate, officially took up his office Monday. He suggested that the New Westminster diocese be allowed to continue in spite of Sunday’s vote.“
RESPONSIO— Essentials Network Statement
MAGISTATS— Primates likely to criticise Canada’s ambiguity on same-sex blessings
SQUAT, COMMA, LESS THAN— “So what do the apparently contradictory Anglican Church of Canada General Synod same-sex votes mean anyway? According to incoming Primate Fred Hiltz, not much of anything at all”
ESSENTIALS BLOGGER: General Synod morning session 25/6/07
FELIX HOMINUM– New West Resolution withdrawn
FRESH WHINGING from the CaNN News Editor– CaNN Commentary: “They Have A Point”
Reverend Andrew Hutchison (right), Primate of the Anglican Church of Canada, addresses delegates at the Canadian Anglican Church General Synod in Winnipeg on June 23, 2007. (CP / John Woods)
Commentary Passing Fragments of Thought
While +Andy Hutchinson doesn’t get his legacy prize, dumping a deeply divided church into the lap of Primate-Elect Fred Hiltz, let’s remember some things. Read the rest of this entry »
MAGIC STATISTICS: SSBs consistent with doctrine, but not allowed anyway
MCJ BLOGGER— “LEMMINGS:The Anglican Church of Canada starts over the cliff”
FEDERATION: General Synod Update: June 23, 2007
Anglican Journal: Synod narrowly defeats same-sex blessings
hob: 19 / 21 vs.
clergy 63 / 53 vs.
lay 78 / 59 vs.
– The webcast will return Sunday afternoon at 2:00pm CDT.
COVERAGE— ENS tootles the trumpet: Same-gender blessings consistent with core doctrine, Canadian Church agrees — Church takes first steps to blessing same-sex unions; Anglican Church moves closer to blessing same sex unions… as one observer notes, “Now New Westminster can argue that what they are already doing isn’t wrong”